Tuesday, March 20, 2007

#Crummiest shop in Reading of the week#

Forgive the blurred photo, photo fans, but alas I was in a hurry to take this photo as the shop owner was staring through the window and I was making sure he didn't see me take this photo. He might question my sanity. Fool. It might not have been the shop owner. Who knows? I might know if I went in, but I hate being the only one in a shop, there's safety in numbers, that's why I stick to the large chain stores.

Anyway the shop, well look at it, it just looks plain crummy, but what has tipped it over the edge for me is the owner has attempted to corrected the old style shop decor with a new and exciting cutting edge name! Did you know that the Internet is quite big now? So shops can try and cash in on this, by adding pointless .co.uk's to the end of a shops names. Small problem being there is no such website, unless you're supposed to put the space in, but last time I checked internet fans, you can't have spaces. All the more reason that makes me love the store even more! Of course no attempt has been taken to make the lettering look anywhere near as 'cutting edged' as the name, making it the more charming.

I would go inside, but... well I just mentioned why I wouldn't want to. But I'm sure the store is competivley priced, offers a wide range of sporting goods, staff are wonderfully helpful and offer the kind of customer care you could more than want. It just looks quite shite from the front.

Join me next week where I'll be looking at sewing shop 'Sew Devine' which has a clever pun in the store name, but as to what the pun is, I'll leave you to wait a week to find out. It's quite subtle.

4 comments:

Chezza said...

hee hee that does look cack

Ant said...

Google suggests www.gaysports.co.uk when you type in their web address. This site has little to do with sports. I bookmarked it. :O)

Do they sell white pointed hats with elastic so they stay on during a "race".

Mimey said...

Oh, Ant's comment made me chuckle.

All I wanted to say was how much of a photo fan I am. Gee, they're great. All shiny and papery, yet resistant to water's destructive might. Wow. Photos: YEAH!

And how much I laughed while on an adventure this evening I noticed a small 'local' supermarket named Safebury's. It was like something Harry Hill noticed them doing on Emmerdale. Sheesh.

Had to pop into Waitco's for a tissue afterwards to wipe my eyes.

Hilarious...but maybe you had to be there.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Cheryl - cack indeed, aack, cack, and cack once more!

Ant - It does? I'm just curious as to how gay sports differs from straight sports, and if there is bi sports?

As for your question, you'll just have to pop to KK Sport.co.uk for yourself!

Jemima - Yeah, dope aint photos? they is so wicked, I fucking love Fox Talbot and all those other photography pioneers for photography. Wooooo! Safeburys? Sounds fucking amazing. Well you made me slightly giggle, so that's enough I suppose.