Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm such a racist!

Hello blog. Whilst talking to a friend today about their forthcoming holiday to Venice, I'd thought I'd converse about my experience of my day trip there. I could talk about how I was bored by the evening in Venice, how all the shops were really expensive in the square, how we got pointed out which was Elton John's house, how I thought Venice was really beautiful, about how the architecture is really beautiful, about going to McDonalds in Venice, instead...

"It's full of Chinese tourists"
(Smiles all around, me thinking I best clarify myself so it doesn't sound I hate the Chinese, althought I'm not partial to the food)
"We were staying in Verona for a couple of weeks, had a day trip to Venice and I was suprised that there was just loads of Chinese tourist whilst there were none in Verona"

Conversation swiftly changed to talk of Gondolas. I should have talked about them instead.

This is why I should not be allowed to have conversations.

4 comments:

Ant said...

Nothing wrong with that - a simple obversation.

Louise said...

Racist! No more spring rolls for you!

Chezza said...

lol oh dear. Think before you speak is the advice i can give you

Clive_Evil_C said...

Ant - Really? Oh probably, I'm just not assertive enough with my observations!

Loo - Bugger. But I don't really like chinese food, so like... am I bovvered?

Dan - Reputation? It's just me being over anxious. Blasted lack of confidence! But yes they were fools

Cheryl - Think before I speak? But that creates an auquard silence! Gah! It's a mine field!