Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Geh?

Last night I got a text confirming our family holiday plans for August, we're going to Portugal (Same time zone as the UK, no changing watches, wahey! Not that it's much of a chore really). What did I say in a reply to my mum (other than telling her I'd been revising all afternoon, although predictive text annoys me, it thinks I want to tell my mum I've been retiring recently) "Portugal sounds cool" One minute later on MSN I get my sister saying "Bro, you do know that Portugal's hot?"

I do know that Portugal is hot, but I didn't want to text well wicked to my mum, in hindsight I should have texted good, so I didn't sound totally geographically impaired.

Portugal of course has a Mediterranean climate, which I like well know now, thanks to Wikkipedia.

6 comments:

Ant said...

I can't believe you thought you could get away with using the word cool. It means nothing other than "neither hot or cold" outside of the playground. Shame on you.

Mimey said...

Parabens Laranjinho!

I hope you're not one of those ignorant types who go to a country without a perfect command of the language. Therefore understood exactly what I said at the start. Even though technically I'm making up words. Why not.

Yes, it is a hot place. Bearing in mind it is impossible for me to burn in the sun, I reluctantly admit I got sunburn in Portugal. Which was most certainly not cool as it made me look like a barbecued liar.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Ant - Well damnit Ant, now I know, I learnt the hard way, and endured the virtual embarresment, which is much easier to digest than real human in the face embaressment.

Jemima - Parbens Laranjinho? Well of course I shall be putting my litter in the bin. See, I know the language.

Impossbile for you to burn in the sun? I'm going to ignore what you've said subsequent to that, I hate you for not burning in the sun! Damm you!

Louise said...

Ahh very entertaining. I want to hear more of the conversations between you, your ma and your sis!

Mimey said...

It was congratulations little orange type person actually.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Loo - More? Well if anything midly amusing happens, maybe I'll blog.

Jemima - Oh. Bugger.