Sunday, May 13, 2007

Eurovision

Oh.

At least I got drunk and had a laugh with some friends, which I suppose is what one is supposed to do with the populary song contest which on seems to exist to provide some validity to newly established european countries. I've not wanted to be cynical about this so called political voting, but you've driven me to it Europe! Surely Blighty desereved some more love than just from Malta and Ireland!

I'm not quite so sure why I'd hyped myself stupid about Scooch. It was a stupid camp mess of a song, but was something we could all laugh at! I'm glad I resisted my temporary moment of madness yesterday by briefly considering buying Scooch's first album from woolies for £3.97, or buying the DVD single complete with featurette on how to do the dance moves. But I am proud of the procastination that left me and my housemates in a stupidly hyped up state about eurovision. Tossing an orange in some kind of sadistic water bomb type game, whilst refusing to go back to revision (or in my case, start) until Scooch's music vidoe appears on one of those crummy music video channels. We lasted an hour.

What to say of the show, there was some good giggles, the bizzare Ukraine entry was a favourite, I was going to vote for them, but I got persuaded not to because we had convinced ourselves after a stupidly fun performance from the Scooch, that they were serious competition to us. I voted for Sweden instead, quite psycodelic. I should have voted for Former Yuogoslvian Republic of Macedonia, just to hear Terry thanking me for voting for the Former Yuogoslavian Republic of Macedonia. God I love typing the Former Yuogslavian Republic of Macedonia. The presenters dissapointed me, the lady only changed outfits three times! I guessed eight, what an outrage. Why the Barbie of a presenter didn't interview our Scooch despite being sat with them at one point infuritated me! Gah! And why didn't Russia's act strip, they seemed to offer every indicating that they were going to!

As for the winner? Who? We were too busy working out if she was a man or woman to pay any attention as to weather she stood a chance of winning. Most of the songs seemed to resemble other stuff, we had a bit of Shakira, Shakira, Ray of Light, a bit of westlife. But I'm missing the point of eurovision nowadays, it's about moaning of political voting. Geh, bloody political voting.

Oh well, it's a bit of fun.

5 comments:

Mimey said...

"too busy working out if she was a man or woman" - GET OUT HOMOPHOBE!

Sweden and Ukraine deserved to win. Really really they did. Maybe they could have combined forces: two brilliant dances performed together could have brought the world to its knees.

I don't think the voting is political you know, but people from the Balkans enjoy Balkan music more than Baltic music. That's the way of the world.

And Scooch were HORRIBLE. Next year, eh?

orange anubis said...

I was thinking about Spain the way you were thinking about Russia, but otherwise yes yes yes. Poor Ukraine, they deserved international fame & fortune.

Anonymous said...

"Ok, Happy End!"

I can only dream I suppose but at least Ireland were rightly castigated to the bottom of the pack.

But props to Eastern Europe's kd land wannabe, didn't she do well?

Ant said...

I'm sorry your precious Scooch didn't win - they were very Eurovision and it's a travesty. Ukraine were amazing and the man/woman/beast was rubbish. Also I don't want to go to serbia which has ruined my chance of going to see it next year. Oh well. It was funny.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Jemima - Homophobe? I'd like to think of myself as a ginger hitler personally.

Combination teams could work, I'd love to see the UK crossed over with the former yuogoslavian republic of macedonia, and I just wanted an excuse to type that again. Scooch? Horrible? How very dare you!

Bert - Filthy! But Russia were hinting, even my lady friends who aren't lezzas thought they'd strip. Ukraine deserves all the love in the world.

Cvalda Vessalis - Were they rightly? Is europe just irishaphobic. Kd Land? I'm lost. But hello to my blog!

Ant - Thank you for your condoloncies. The beast was rubbish, I don't even remember it! I'm guess I'm not going there either.