Thursday, May 17, 2007

Geh! I want to be mothered

Hello friends, I've just got back from my first exam, and gosh damm it, exams weren't like how they used to be. I want to be mothered. I had to walk to the centre of campus (a good half hour walk) to find where my exam was because they took it down from the uni website saying where they were a few weeks back, and I didn't have the hindsight to look then. Still I had a lovely walk through lovely 'got a fag?' (Yes I do have a gay friend, thanks for asking, but I do not have ownership over him) Reading.

When sat down in the glamarous exam hall (actually glamarous, its a bloody hall, and they've crammed in too many desks, I had to almost climb over the table to get into my chair! I thought I could push the desk slightly forward, but no, that would push into lovely person #1 and I couldn't move the chair back because that would go into lovely person #2), I expected to be told to fill in the front (I'm used to bloody school forcing the number 65217 down my throats again and again, no throat forcing when at uni!), I expect to be told I can have the 10 minutes reading time, I just feel naughty taking a peak at the exam paper when I am actually entitled too. And I want to be told that I can put my pen down at the end of the exam, not to be told to leave quietly. What kind of end is that to an exam?

Needless to say I'm biterly dissapointed with my exam experience, and shall ask the invidulator for a full refund of my exam experience when I sit my last exam tomorrow.

5 comments:

Chezza said...

It will be fine hun. I'm sure you will sail through it :)

nice drawing too

orange anubis said...

"Leave quietly"? What are you supposed to do with all that pent up excitement?

And... first exam today, last exam tomorrow? Talk about an easy ride! ;-)

(good luck!)

DanProject76 said...

Exams are a waste of time. You'll end up an over-qualified clothes shop worker at the end of it all.

Or not.


Maybe you will manage your own T* M*** or summink.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Chezza - passing exams aint like sailing a boat you know ;) Thanks for the comment on my amazing drawing.

Bert - I don't know, I had to sit on it for 30 seconds, horrible. Easy ride? Most probably, but that's what I get for doing a dossy degree! Thanks for the good luck message, didn't intend for this to turn into a good luck me type post!

Dan - I'd ruddy love to, and on my C.V. I'll write when they asked if I used to work at one, I'll say yes, they'll welcome me back with open arms. Lovely Stuff.

Mimey said...

Luck has nothing to do with it, I'm hoping you did the necessary work in the preceding weeks and months to shine as brightly as a ginger lightbulb. So good luck, or something.