Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What I watched last night

Last night I watched that Mitchell and Webb comedians of PC and Mac fame and probably some television delight fame (with their loyal stalkers Cheryl and Dan, who I happened to find pictures of them on google images when I searched for a pic to accompany this post), record the third series of their hit radio show That Mitchell and Webb Sound. And without going into specifics (mainly because I can't really remember specifics, and I'd like to pretend that I'm caring and such to my fans so as to not spoil it for fans) I really enjoyed it. Surreal and stupid as usual, but it featured the usual Mitchell and Webb quirks one might expect, David Mitchell being posh and excited for a change. It was delightful stuff that I felt more than happy to add my laughter to the show. Much funnier than an underwhelming radio two pilot that the Mitchell and Webb double act recorded a couple of weeks ago that I neglected to blog about because it just underwhelmed me. That Mitchell and Webb sound is much funnier! Listen to that, when it's on the radio, and then released on audio CD in quick sucession, oh I love a comedy cash cow.

Also because I'm wild and recless I stayed up till 1:40 AM (AM, yes AM, wild!) to watch Fuck off I'm Ginger. I was expecting some awful show I'd switch off at about 5 minutes in, what I found was a slightly an interesting, quirky little documentry that I actually enjoyed. Presented by the ginger of half of Big Cook Little Cook (you know the show, don't pretend you have lives or are an adult) it featured him being honest about his lack of love life, as well as sciencey bits, meeting other gingers and him generally a cheerful delightful charming host.Of course there was the necessary titilation, a run through of nicknames for gingers, the necessary issue of ginger pubes with a guy who dyes his hair (traitor!) and the show featured such Z list stars as Bradley from Eastenders and Fizz from corrie, but excusing those factors it was an honest look at being ginger. It was concluded nicely, it's not really about being ginger in regards to how you live life, it's all about confidence. I just wish they had called it something other than 'Fuck off I'm ginger', to me it implied an obnoxious smug television program much in the vain of the ginger survival guide, when infact it wasn't that. I'd like to think the delightful night of comedy put me in a good mood, but I found it a charming little show. BBC3 hasn't all become shit, huzzah!

9 comments:

Chezza said...

well i enjoyed daydream believers so nerrrr!!

quote of the day:
"oh I love a comedy cash cow."

well done in sumitting the quote of the day

DanProject76 said...

Gingers? Urggghhhh..... !

Clive_Evil_C said...

Well nerrr to you too Miss Chez. I am pleased to be your quote of the day, it's an honour which I'm sure has great responsibility, which I will gladly take of the previous quote of the day holder and full appreciate the heavy burden it may have on my girlish shoulders.

Dan - Oh you can piss off Mr. Gingerphobe ;)

Mimey said...

I'm sure i already mentioned it but that won't stop me making a noisy claim to lame, I spent the day with someone who went to uni with big cook AND little cook. Beat that, stalker boy!

Clive_Evil_C said...

Damn you Jemima, you have raised my jealousy juice in me, I'd love to spend the day with someone who went to uni with big cook little cook! I can't beat it and I admit defeat.

Mimey said...

Victory is mine, mwahahahaha!!! (booming, evil victory laugh, in case that's not immediately obvious)

Clive_Evil_C said...

Ahhrgh, Jemima is scaring me!

*cowers in the corner*

Adam said...

Haha I saw this too and it was awesome. Thought the guy doing it was a bit scary though, not to worry so am I.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Well scaryness and gingerness go hand in hand!

(I'm probably a bit scary too)

And hello Adam.