Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gig Report

You know me long time readers, I love to gig, love it when tunes come from the instruments live in the flesh. I love it when they lay down those beats live infront of their fans. I live to gig. That is why today I am talking about a gig I went to last night, I saw the Village Boyz live in concert (at the student's union bar). And they were awesome.The Village Boyz have been touring for nearly ten years and have even played in front crowds of 45,000. Well last night was an intimate gig for thirty of their biggest fans, and I feel this allows us fans to get up close and personal. Get taken away with their enjoyable forty-five minute set. There set included such Village People hits as YMCA and In The Navy. But also they had a range of songs that far expanded the length of the Village People back catalogue, you could say they are better than the Village People. They did such serious choons as Go West, Macho Man, Car Wash, Disco Inferno, Hot Stuff, Blame It On The Boogie, Night Fever, You Can Leave Your Hat On, Celebration. Hot Stuff being a particular favourite for the men as it allowed them a three minute break to purchase a beverage at the bar whilst the Village Boyz exposed their chests to some randomly selected ladies in the audience. I enjoyed purchasing a drink, and the ladies enjoyed looking at some chests. All in all this forty five minute intimate set for their biggest fans was extraordinary, and fully showcased the talents of the Village Boyz. Catch them at their intimate gigs across student unions whilst you can, and thank me later.

7 comments:

Mimey said...

The fat cowboy has made me straight.

DanProject76 said...

I don't think this will help you with those gay rumours.


:-)

Clive_Evil_C said...

Gay rumours? Where? I'll have you know sir I'd love to be a homosexual so I knew how to dress myself, but I'm just not interested in Men's bottoms. ;)

Anonymous said...

I want more Clive signage. :P

Anonymous said...

Did they do 'Go West'? I don't remember that, and that's one song I would. Unless it's a different song to the Pet Shop Boys. Which may be possible.

Shame the sailor boy didn't sing much. I kinda liked him. Or the chief. I dunno...

Chezza said...

sounds like a great evening of cheese and gay!

Clive_Evil_C said...

Gazman - More signage? Oh maybe sometime if I can be arsed. Right now, I can't be arsed. Sorry fan.

Vaddix - Dunno 100% if they did Go West, I just copied and pasted their set list from their agents website.

Ant - Homosexual? The Village Boyz? No one who saw them live would say that ;)

Cheryl - Cheese yes, but there weren't no bumming as I recall.