Saturday, September 15, 2007

I just be dreaming

I hate playing sport comptetivley, hated P.E., I hated that I'd be chucked in goal for football because no one else would want to be in goal, and then I'd get complaints when I didn't save the ball, I just ended up thinking 'fuck you' (although I did save the odd goal) and tell them it was their fault. With this context, my dream the other night just seems even odder.

I dreamt I was the latest signing for Southampton Football Club, and was their new goalie. And guess what, I was amazing, doing some great saves. So amazing I had celebrity fans, well a celebrity fan, that celebrity being Hip Hop sensation Missy Elliot. She thought I was a great goalie!

Now I'm not one for interpriting dreams, but quite clearly I'm seeking praise from leading Hip Hop artists. Maybe the town of Southampton is my calling? Is Southampton where Missy Elliot is going to kick off her world tour? Do I infact want to play in goal? I'm bamboozled, but fortunatly I know I've got intelligent blog readers out there who will be able to tell me what my dream means, help me, you're my only hope.

4 comments:

Chezza said...

wow Missy Elliot. Did she sing her song "get your freek on" and sing "get your gloves on" or sumink?!

Mimey said...

Now I actually am pretty good at dream interpretation, actually. I actually really am. Lucky you.

This is about growing up. your anxiety that you'll never find a 'normal' place in society, that you'll always somehow feel yourself to be 'outside' and never be fully accepted as a valid member of 'society'.

Let me reassure you, it's fine, all the best people are childish rule breakers that society would like to silence and paint beige. Be ginger, hate PE, laugh in public but most of all, do it with PRIDE.

Mimey said...

playing football is brilliant fun though, you just need to be playing with the right people!

oh and if you disagree with my interpretation, you're just in denial! I AM right.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Chezza #1 - There was no singing, no doubt if there had been singing the dream would have been interpreted differently by Mimey lady.

Mimey #1 - I feel lucky, thank you. You may have a point, and probably subconsicously you are right but I quashing those fears, thank you.

Mimey #2 - Dare I say I have played football with the right people and had a laugh. No disagreements, although I wanted someone to tell me I had aspirations of being a Missy Elliot lookalikie.