Monday, November 05, 2007

I touched up Martha Jone's arse today

She didn't seem to mind too much. Okay it's only a cardboard cut-out in Forbidden Planet (maybe one day I'll get to touch a real ladies bottom), in London, I went else where in London too. To the bfi went I (and a lady friend), for an evening (well an hour and a half) of Robert Webb, David Mitchell, those writers of Peep Show Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong, the producer Phil Clarke and Sam Delaney a presenter I only recognise from shit Telly talking about one of the best shows on the tellybox, Peep Show! The evening had the six men talking about the show (as you would expect) showing video clips including some clips that inspired them such as that Woody Allen chap from a film I gather is rather funny, and a clip from 'Being Caprice' which I gather isn't funny, it's rather dire and boring, but was shot in POV style so could be said to inspire the Peep Show. Praise be if someone as bland as Caprice inspired something so inspired as Peep Show. Huzaah!

They also showed the never seen before Pilot for Peep Show (this should be on DVD! Why is it not on DVD!?!) which was interesting viewing, alot of gags in the pilot could be found in the first series, such as Jeremy's interview with JLB Credit (I'm being nerdy here folks, forgive me, randomness will resume by the end of this blog). What was different was the use of a lot of incidental music which ruined the show, alot of Jez and Mark watching TV which added little to the show and some incredibly disorientating camera work which, whilst more true to the POV format, didn't quite work, thank fuck for some artistic license. All in all it was a lovely evening, some discussion of series 5 (they're writing it!), brief discussion of the america version (they're writing it!), and general discussion of the show in general (they wrote it). Perfect for a Peep Show geek.Look I've got the new DVD as well as some Battlestar Galactica Mock-lego toys. I'm sad. But not as sad as the 'journalist' who wrote this tripe headline in popular London toilet paper the 'London Lite' in regards to everyone's favourite Rihanna.You see what they did there? Ugh.

5 comments:

Ant said...

Yay AND huzzah for Peep Show. I sat and watched the DVD yesterday instead of working. I then watched all 12 episodes of Flight of the Conchords. I've got a busy day today - but it was worth it.

I want to meet Peep Show people! *stamps foot*

DanProject76 said...

Peep what????

Oh yes. Rob said hi, right?

Chezza said...

yes he did :)

Anonymous said...

Yo, I was in Forbiden Planet on tuesday and saw that cardboard cutout. I got one of them bart keyrings if you saw them.

Clive_Evil_C said...

Ant - Flight of the Conchords? Peep Show? Sounds like one of the best days possibly imaginable to man. I'm envious of your cool.

Jujupiter - Well it was flat, but curved, I'm not too fussy.

Dan - Rob said Hi. Yes. But Chezza has already answered that. And I'm too lazy nowadays to answer my blog comments the shame.

Mike - Wow, you were in Forbidden Planet the day after me! Small World or summat. I must admit I didn't look at the simpsons stuff, other geeky stuff tore away my eyesight from that stuff.