Sunday, June 22, 2008

I liked it in last night's Doctor Who when...

...Donna Nobel was out time and all she had was four minutes to save the world.

What a marvelous homage to Madonna (Ft Justin Timberlake) (produced by Timbaland)'s hit song 4 minutes. You know, the song that goes 'I'm outta time and all I got is 4 minutes', you know, the one that says 'We only got 4 minutes to save the world'. Russel T sure loves Timbaland! Although I imagine I'm probably the only one who thought about this when watching the cracking episode.

I look forward to more winks to timaland in the next two episode (as well as winks to probably everything in the past four season as well as winks to the spin offs) such as Rose being 'too late to apolgise', the Jack telling doctor that he can love his just 'the way I are' and later telling him to 'give it to me' and of course some of the characters will 'Scream, at the top of your lungs, If your [their] body's feeling right'. How are these Timbaland Doctor Who gags working for you? Pretty terribly I imagine.

----------------
Now playing: Madonna - 4 Minutes
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I was watching Who round at Bert's and he, I and the boyfriend (Bert's, not mine. that'd be silly.) all remarked on the tick-tock tick-tock homage. it got a bit noisy. so then we had to watch the episode again in the morning. and again when I got home on Sunday night. Is it repeated on Friday? might need to watch it again, again. on a supermarket conveyor belt, preferably, in a leotard. can you get them for the home. conveyor belts, I mean. Do you want to be an extra for me? Or I'll be madge and you can be JT? gosh I really am rambling tonight, anyone'd think I was avoiding marking test papers. Oh yeah, I am.

Good call tho, ginger one!

Oh while I'm here I may as well relate a little ginger tale for you. In class we're comparing the city with a village, we went on a visit (wouldn't life be easier if I just BLOGGED this? tut tut!) on Friday to get evidence. and apparently a small village in Leicestershire is different to Birmingham's inner city because there are ginger people in the village.


WHAT?????


She was beaten soundly for this silly insult to the Nation of Ginger.

Chezza said...

Incidently i think of Mark Owens song 4 minutes song when i watched that episode

yes i am spamming your blog at the moment